Our Housing Crisis Needs Options by Geraldine Santiago, Realtor ® and Published Author

Our Housing Crisis Needs Options by Geraldine Santiago Realtor ® and Published Author 

Yet again we have had high E.Coli counts in False Creek possibly due to boaters. Housing crunch means more live-aboards. Surely there must be other housing options available to Vancouverites. Read here:https://lnkd.in/gg26CHV

Vancouver's topography with land gradients of mountains in the north and bodies of water make it impossible to build on. How are we going to find a solution? The city of Vancouver has already allowed infill housing, laneway housing, secondary suites-- all to allow more density. People want affordable housing. Did you know that Crown lands make up 89% of land ownership in Canada? Crown land is land (or land covered by water like rivers or lakes) that is owned by the provincial government. This also includes forests, parks, beaches, etc.

We can't build there! So where are we going to find land to build upon, to make way for the increase in population in metro Vancouver? If Crown land is not being sold, sales from individual land owners might be the answer. Perhaps land assembly is our answer. Attend our land assembly seminar on Saturday, September 8th. For more information, go to www.landassembly.me
No comments

Post Your Comment:

Posts By Date
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.