My Home Owner's Manual-- Welcome to Your New Home!
For new developments, it is expected that the developer provide a home owner's manual to the new home owners. Valuable information is included like a copy of the New Home Warranty--(2-5-10), operation manual for all the appliances, a copy of the registered strata plan, floor plan, parking and storage information, a copy of the Strata Condominium Act, Copy of Rules and Regulations, Information on amenity hours, use, strata manager's contact information, emergency contacts, security information and so on.
If you are thinking of selling your home, why not prepare your own Home Owner's Manual to provide new home owners?
Some of things you'd like to include are:
* Any or all appliance operation's manual
* Any or all extended warrantees for appliances
* Receipts or contact information for any of the systems throughout the house
- Hot Water Tank
-Alarm System or Surveillance Systems
-Remote Controlled Systems
-Indoor/Outdoor Sprinkler System
For small or large renovations:
* Contractor's receipts, all information including contact information
* Manufacture's warrantees
* Architectural Designs and Plans
* City Garbage Information
*Street Cleaning and Tree Pruning Schedule
* Yearly City Events like Fireworks, Marathons, Festivals that could effect your neighbourhood, especially parking
* Smoke detector information on last battery change
* Hot tub, pool, or sauna maintenance information, repair and contact information
* Garden Service Information
* Fireplace maintenance and repair information
These are just some of the things I have recommended to sellers when they are thinking of selling their home. I, myself, have gathered these over the years with my home. I don't expect to be selling my home in the near future, but in case I do, I have everything in place so that the new home owners will have some piece of mind.
Geraldine Santiago is a RE/MAX Realtor® licensed in both residential and commercial real estate services, specializing in land assembly projects and land acquisition.She is a published author of three real estate reference books for Self-Counsel Press Ltd. namely the "Complete Home Buyer's Guide for Canadians", "Selling Your Home I Canada" and "Buy and Sell a Recreational Property in Canada" and her recently self-published ebook "How to Band Together with Neighbours in Land Assembly", 2018. She is known for seminars on real estate trends in buying and selling in metro Vancouver.